Thursday, January 04, 2007

It isn't easy being this beautiful


It is both a blessing and a curse having inherited eyelashes from my Mum's side of the family. One the one hand, even though I am a boy, they sho' make me look pretty (is that my tongue in my cheek?). One the other hand, when I woke up yesterday morning, I had a pain in my eye. I had a look, expecting to find an eyelash in there (this is pretty common for me). But there was nothing there. But the pain was still there, so I had another look, pulling my eyelid as far out of the way as I could. There I saw the mother of all eyelashes, right in the corner. I slowly and painstakingly fished it out, and when I did I discovered that it was in fact two really thick eyelashes. Reeling from the shock of this, I realised that I still had an itch in the same eye, and found another eyelash on the other side. So three eyelashes in one eye all in one go - it must have been the first working day of the New Year...
Happy New Year to you all by the way. I had every intention of updating this blog while I was off work over Christmas, but decided to have a well-earned rest for a few days. The period over New Year is a little hazy; this is nothing to do with alcohol, but everything to do with a nasty virus that means I remember little of the weekend leading up to the turn of the year. I vaguely remember seeing a little New Year's TV but think I was fast asleep at midnight. I still felt pretty ropey on my return to work earlier this week, but seem to be doing better now.
Anyway, returning to the subject in hand, it meant that I haven't written much - on my lunchbreak today I managed to write a little on Baz's blog, and am now using my tea break to write this.
For the record, Santa brought me an Amazon voucher, a wireless mouse my laptop, and a couple of DVDs. My parents were away for Christmas, but they left me a little money, which I am sure will be spent wisely. Also, congratulations to my former class- and housemate at university, Ed Bowater, who has had his first novel published. I haven't spoken to Ed for some years now, but wish him all the best with his writing career.
For those of you on "commuter-watch" (hello JD!), please note that there will be some dramatic news coming up soon...

1 Comments:

At January 05, 2007 1:48 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward to hearing your news Rish. Sorry you've not been well. You're in good company - half the working population of London has been off work this week. I've even heard rumours of free seats on the tube - freaky!

Don't suppose you went to the Oldham game did you? Would certainly have made me ill.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home