Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Shoulder pain

I have a painful left shoulder and upper arm. As far as I am aware, I have not injured the joint or the muscle, I cannot think of any funny movements, knocks, scrapes, spasms etc.

The occasional complaint I do get in my left shoulder is tension. However, I have become better at managing this, through simple things such as getting enough sleep, drinking plenty of water and trying to eat well. These all have beneficial effects on one's physical, mental and emotional well-being.

But something occurred to me a couple of weeks ago - I borrowed my Mum's car for an afternoon, it has an armrest in the centre console, and I noticed the difference. I think the pain in my left arm might be tension, caused by having nowhere to rest my arm while driving my car. My right arm can rest on the door handle, but my left arm doesn't really have anywhere to go. I chose my car for reliability and because it is cheap to run (60 mpg on the motorway, almost 50 mpg even in town) - unfortunately it is not really designed for people driving 30 000 miles a year.

Still, I am making moves to reduce my commuting - watch this space...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home