Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Killers

I am stupuidly busy both at work and home at the moment, but couldn't resist taking a moment to describe how I definitely made the right decision in preferring to see Muse, rather than The Killers (although I couldn't have got Killers tickets even if I had wanted them).

The Killers' first album was not brilliant, but had some great moments. These were good because it was the sound of an American band paying homage to the great British bands of recent times, with added swirly keyboards. The new album is rubbish - they released the best song first, and "When you were young" is the standout track on the album. Second single "Bones" is OK at first listen, but becomes irritatingly cheesy.

The Killers' first album really grew on me, but I have no real desire to keep listening to the new one. Brandon's lack of signing ability is at times painful, even on the record (think early Stone Roses records, but without the attempts to lose the bum notes in a haze of reverb and harmonies) - don't get me started on his live performances...

Must do better next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home