Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The M6 is open!

Regular commuters in the West Midlands may already be aware of this, but junction 6 of the M6 has re-opened. For the first time in about six months, it only took me an hour to get to work on Friday. Increasing my joy was the fact that I was able to leave early, and the journey home only took an hour as well. The least time I have spent commuting for a good six months or so.

However, normal service resumed yesterday morning. I needed to be at work by 8.30, so I left at 7am as usual. The first forty miles of the journey took about an hour (pretty standard). The last ten miles took ... an hour. I got to work at nine, and spent the rest of the day in a flap because I was late. It was definitely Monday...

1 Comments:

At December 03, 2006 11:54 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wnder if the food miles debate will ever give rise to a "commuting miles" debate, whereby we're all encouraged to work locally. I'd have to find something else to blog about, but it would be good for the planet.

And what exactly is the point of the M6 Toll Road? Never did understand that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home