Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Parking in supermarket car parks

I don't like my car getting dented by people who park to close in narrow car park spaces, open their doors and batter my car in the process.

However, I am even less fond of those who park in disabled spaces or parent and child spaces when they are able-bodied and childless. So someone came up with this, to stick to the windscreen of anyone who is suspected of using a disabled space when they shouldn't.

Funny how many of the people who struggle to park are those driving 4x4s. I almost got battered into submission in Sainsbury's car park by a woman driving a 4x4 pick-up truck. She came hurtling around the corner, and almost scraped the corner of my car off. Rather than apologising, she patiently waited for me to reverse slightly to let her through, which she proceeded to do without even a thank you.

Why the bloody hell do you need a 4x4 pick-up if you live in Beeston?

1 Comments:

At December 13, 2006 10:50 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

I am developing an abject horror of supermarket car parks - there's a Tesco in Stevenage where the car park is so crowded and hard to navigate that it feels like you're in the crowd at a football match. We've switched back ot ASDA partly as a result.

My own most recent tale of car park woe, howeverm did not come at a supermarket but at my local B&Q. The store is not very big and nor is the cark park (although some spaces seem to be designed with, let's say, scant consideration for geometry), so it is not a particularly chalenging car park. You have to pull out straight on to the main road though, and as I was patiently waiting to do so, I noticed a leaner driver's vehicle approaching the turn-off at speed with the indicator on. I wouldn't say my life flashed before my eyes, but it did seem to happen in slow motion - the car began to turn, skidded, the front end went past me and just s I was about to heave a sigh of relief, the back end hit the side of my front end, if you take my meaning. Nothing serious, just a dent, and all very amicable resolved by the insurance people. Still, made me think twice about DIY shoppingo n a Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home