Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A serious point

People laugh at me because when I drive them around, I refuse to go anywhere unless they do up their seat belt, even if they are in the back.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a full car, I asked if everyone was strapped in, my passengers said yes. I found out when we got there that one person couldn't be bothered. My car has got three point seat belts all the way through (even in the middle of the back seat), so there is no excuse. And of course, if that wasn't bad enough, this person lied about wearing it. If (God forbid) we had an accident, this person would have been thrown forward through the windscreen and almost certainly suffered serious head and multiple injuries as a result. Back seat passengers who are not strapped in also frequently kill the driver or front seat passenger due to their increased weight in the impact of a collision.

If you are not convinced about wearing your seat belt, maybe reading this will change your mind.

Sorry to be so sombre about this, I read the story and I just feel it vindicates my zero-tolerance approach to seat belts. Please remember to do the right thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home