Monday, December 19, 2005

More songs

Following on from Baz's top songs of the year, I should take this opportunity to add a little more to what I have already said.

Kaiser Chiefs are great. "Oh my God" is a great single, as was "I predict a riot". However, on a technicality, I would suggest that the latter is not eligible as it was only a re-release, and therefore would have been one of the top singles of last year... I would certainly nominate them for their brilliant lyrics - "I predict a riot" could be the anthem for the ASBO generation!

I have been pleasantly surprised by Gorillaz' singles; I was very disappointed with their first album, and "Dare" and "Dirty Harry" are very good. The animated live performances looked amazing as well (I only saw a few seconds on TV, but I would love to go and see them live).

I don't have the Green Day album, but I am pleased to report that the protest song is back. I didn't like "American Idiot" (the song) when it came out, but I do now. However, my pick of the bunch is "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" - sharing the same chord structures as "Wonderwall", "D'you know what I mean?", most of "Writing to reach you" and many many more...

And I agree, Meg White is rubbish at drums. I could do better than her.

As before, there are bound to be songs that I have forgotten, so there is a strong possibility that there will be more to follow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home