Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Waiter waiter there's a fly in my soup (well, my tea)!

I love a good cup of tea. One of the advantages of having relatives in Assam is the occasional packet of tea sent over from my Uncle's tea garden. So at the moment, I have actually taken my Bodum teapot into work, and after getting up at 6am, and a long drive into work, a refreshing cup of tea is the only way to get myself into gear for work.

This morning, I made my tea, went back to the office and got on with some other stuff until it reached drinking temperature. As so often happens, by the time I got back to my desk to drink the life-giving fluid, it was no longer hot, rather more tepid. And there was a fly in it. Not even a small one. It hadn't drowned, in fact it was doing what I can only describe as swimming. I am no expert, but I would suggest that the weight of the liquid on its wings was affecting its chances of vertical propulsion.

Obviously, I wasn't going to drink it (there are other ways of getting protein into my diet), so I had to go back to the staff kitchen and start again. By this time it appeared as though the fly had "ceased to be", so I washed out the cup and started again with a fresh pot.

And I thought, "That's unusual. For a Tuesday".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home