Thursday, September 28, 2006

Daddy Cool

There are lots of Daddy Longlegs about. Thankfully, my house and garden also seem to host the largest spider population per square meter in the UK, so most of them are finding their way into the bottom of the food chain.

My Mum was telling me that she had a wok full of hot oil, she was just about to start cooking, when in flew a Daddy Longlegs, it bumbled about a bit, then landed straight in the wok where it deep-fried itself. Apparently it became very crispy. I asked Mum what it tasted like but apparently she threw the insect and the oil away before starting again.

While I am here, another question: what is a female Daddy Longlegs called?

And on a similar note, I once asked what a male ladybird should be called, and the answer given to me by a friend was a "ladyboy" (thanks Chris!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home