Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Stereotype? Moi?

Had a lovely Saturday. Friends came around, we went out to the pub for dinner. Won £3 on the "Bullseye" arcade game at the second attempt (the first time, I was disappointed it didn't show a picture of a caravan/speedboat/Breville sandwich toaster, with the caption "Let's see what you could have won").

Continuing on my theme of "Aren't other drivers crap?", there was an almost-incident on the way there. There is an almost-blind T-junction in Wollaton. It's one of those where you have to edge out to see if there are any oncoming cars. A black BMW came into view, I put my foot back on the brake. It turned left without signalling, at which point I (and I know this is probably silly in this day and age) muttered "Thanks" while giving him an ironic thumbs-up for his (non) use of the indicator.

The BMW driver stopped and stared at me. As one of my companions later commented, "I thought he was going to get out and hit you". He didn't, and even if he had done, I would have driven off and he would have been the one looking stupid.

It cannot be true that everyone who drives a BMW is a selfish, arrogant roadhog. But a lot of BMW drivers do very little to dispel the myth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home