Monday, August 21, 2006

How to maintain your sanity while off work

So, as I said, I am back at work. Getting up this morning was a bit of a trial, driving to work under leaden skies and heavy rain was a reminder that it was Monday morning, it took me a while to properly wake up once I got to work. A medicinal cup of tea at around 10.30 (thanks Nigel) helped a lot.

I am waiting for the results of blood tests just to check that there is nothing sinister going on with my body, but the GP just reckons that, as it was a particularly nasty bout of tonsilitis, my body needed longer than usual to recover.

Friday and Saturday saw me feeling a little more human again, so I was able to get up and do stuff. On Sunday, Sandeep came around and we watched "Run Lola Run" on video, which was an excellent film.

To be honest, I am glad to be back at work. Mainly because, the fitter I get, the more restless I become, and I was starting to get bored at home. There is always something that needs doing (over the weekend I have done some grouting in the bathroom, changed my windscreen wiper rubber in preparation for MOT, but the weather prevented me from mowing the lawn), but obviously, until the last couple of days I have not been well enough to do them. However, I like watching "Homes under the hammer", and have seen a few episodes of "Quincy" which I had not seen before. I am slightly concerned about my recent propensity to watch "Ready Steady Cook" however...

Anyway, must dash, my lunchbreak is over, but more pertinently, I am getting worried as a wasp has just flown into the office!

1 Comments:

At August 22, 2006 9:08 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Tonsilitis is terrible - I've only had it once (about a week after getting together with The Wife - I've never bothered with omens). Thanks for linking to me - I shall be doing the same.

Enjoyed reading the other week about your impromptu street party in a traffic jam on the way back from Brum. It's daft - commuters are so evil to each other when everything runs smoothely, but as soon as things go wrong, everyone becomes best friends.

Take care and enjoy the season. Look forward to reading about more Forest games - as long as they're not against Accrington Stanley.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home