Tuesday, August 08, 2006

More music...

After Gary's comments about The Zutons, saying that the new album is more of the same (which I don't disagree with), I would like to make a similar claim about the Scissor Sisters' new single. With the caveat that it reminded me a little of Leo Sayer's "You make me feel like dancing".

With regard to the Lily Allen issue, I repeat: I don't mind the music, it is her singing and lyrics that I am less enamoured with. Sounds like a self-proclaimed "sassy" sixth former who was given credit for her poetry in English GCSE, and has decided to run with it.

Sandeep said that he likes all the bands/songs that I criticised. It really is a thankless task doing this you know. It is impossible to express an opinion without coming across like a bitter old goat. There is that saying about how music journos only fall into that line of work because their careers as musicians failed. Obviously I am already falling into that category...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home