Monday, July 24, 2006

Six months of fun


I sold my car yesterday. The Volvo that I bought for £300 as a birthday present to myself back in January, was bought by someone for £500. I didn't actually make a profit, in fact when you take into account the money I spent to get it through MOT, and the money that I spent on tax and insurance, I lost a bit of money.

But it was the car that I had wanted for some time. And I really enjoyed having it and driving it. In a way, I wish I could have sold it a week later, as we are going up to Cumbria next weekend and it would have been great to drive it on the open road.

I don't need two cars though. The Nissan diesel remains my trusty steed for my driving to and from work, and I will be saving a lot of money on tax and insurance by only having one car. But it was lovely having a "weekend car" though.

Even though the car is eighteen years and 130 000 miles old, I have no doubt that it will provide its new owner with many miles of happy motoring. He wants it to drive his dog around, and tow his caravan. With a bit of TLC, it'll do just fine.

1 Comments:

At July 24, 2006 4:40 pm , Blogger Rish said...

By the way, in case anybody thinks that I am in a position to flash the cash, the £500 has already gone - a partial repayment on some of my other motoring-related debts...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home