Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sport Relief 2006

So, we came, we saw and we conquered the 2006 Sport Relief mile!

In 2004, I completed the mile at Wollaton Park in Nottingham, in about ten and a half minutes. Considering I had done little or no training, I was relatively pleased.

This time around, I was part of a team! Mohan and his wife Divya, Sandeep, and Nicola all joined in. I am far from a fitness freak, but I do go to the gym occasionally, and this time around I wanted to break the ten minute barrier.

I am pleased to report that I managed it in a staggering eight minutes and 24 seconds! Sandeep and I both ran faster than ex-Forest and England legend Nigel Clough, although to be fair, Nigel had his very young daughter with him!

We have also made it onto the BBC Nottingham website as part of their photo gallery - click here to view (from left to right: Mohan, Divya, myself, Nicola and Sandeep).

Obviously, many thanks to the Sport Relief team and volunteers on the day, for making it so much fun! It is a great cause, and as a team we have so far raised £124.80 (of which I have managed to contribute £45.90). It is not too late to sponsor us, if you wish to contribute, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home