Monday, August 14, 2006

Things to do when you're poorly

Being ill is boring. Luckily I like cookery and house-selling programmes, otherwise I would be bored stiff.

I am off work at least until Wednesday. The reason for my illness is a little bit of a mystery. Obviously, I had tonsilitis, but that has cleared up. The most obvious hypothesis is that the penicillin has taken it's toll on my system and led to the chronic fatigue from which I have been suffering for the past couple of weeks.

I can only cope with a couple of hours' activity per day. Managed to make it to the cinema last week, saw "Atomised", which is hardly a film to cheer you up. As you would expect, it is not as good as the book, especially the portrayal of Michael's personality (and they have completely changed the ending). Also (finally) watched "The Party", which Mohan had lent me on DVD. Brilliant film, although the last third is vaguely absurd and weaker than the previous part of the film...

By the way, the BaRabica site has been changed slightly to make it easier to access the BaRabica MySpace site. If I am still off poorly, I will probably make some more changes (the joys of laptops with wireless networks meaning that I can do web stuff whilst in bed - which is what I am doing at the moment). So I suppose it is a case of "watch this space"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home