Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Muse v The Killers

For those of you who read my earlier post about the "which gig do I go to?" dilemma, this was resolved on Friday.

Thursday saw me make up my mind. I would go to see Muse. I clicked on the website, it said that seating tickets were available, I looked for seats, a screen came up saying no tickets available. Bummer. I rang up the Nottingham Arena Box Office. The guy said that there were seats available, clicked through, and then said that there were no seats available. Double bummer.

Still, all is not lost, I rang up Mohan and told him we would go to see The Killers instead. In total, he would be buying five tickets. A few minutes later, he rang me to say that there was a limit of two tickets per caller. Two tickets!! Apparently even Robbie Williams and Take That allowed four tickets per caller. So I left my credit card at home for Nicola to ring through for our tickets, Mohan rang on behalf of himself and his wife, and Sandeep rang for his ticket. The phonelines opened at nine, at half-past Nicola told me that she couldn't get through and Mohan texted to say "The phonelines are harder to access than a nun's drawers"! At 9.45-ish, my colleague told me that her son had seen tickets on eBay for £200. Shortly afterwards, the gig was officially sold out.

So now I wasn't going to any gig. Triple bummer. But hang on - upon further inspection, Muse had added another date at the NEC. Not my first choice date or venue, but at least I would get to see them. A few clicks later, and the tickets were mine. Not sure who is going with me yet, Nicola (obviously) has first refusal, but another one of my friends has said that she is a big Muse fan (something Nicola would not claim to be), so if Nicola says no, then all is not lost.

All bummers rescinded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home