Monday, September 25, 2006

Trouble in Assam

This is a very serious post. The murder of a tea garden manager in Assam happened on my Aunt and Uncle's tea estate. He was one of their employees.

The militants apparently were trying to extort money, when they didn't get what they wanted they pulled out a gun and shot him five times.

My Aunt and Uncle are understandably shocked and upset, and feel responsible. We were obviously concerned for their safety, but they have got some family and friends around, and they now have armed protection courtesy of the police and military.

There is a big part of me that feels uneasy about writing this. I am often mindful of "giving too much away" on what is essentially a public forum - notwithstanding the fact that very few people read it, it is still accessible to anybody. But this was an act of terrorism, in the real sense (as opposed to the Bush & Blair sense), and it makes me feel upset and angry, but most of all very very sad.

1 Comments:

At September 25, 2006 2:36 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

My sympathies to yourself and your family, Rish.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home