Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Apprentice and reality TV

Due to my intrusive working patterns, combined with a commute of at least an hour each way, I had never seen The Apprentice before. However, I have loved this series. Full of characters, and memorable dialogue, and I really like Alan Sugar.

I was not surprised at last night's evictees, and overjoyed at Sir Alan's psychology in persuading the other to stand down. I think that there is only one winner, and we only have a week to go to find out if my prediction will come true.

Favourite Tre moments:

1) Obviously, the one in the opening titles: "I am your boss." "You're not my boss." "I am your boss." "You're the project manager." "I am your boss." "You're nothing to me."

2) Talking about Simon's contribution to the advertising task: "You have to remember that there is a fine line between really good breakdancing and totally sh*te-b*llocks dancing".

Here is an article about the show- by now you will all realise that Simon and Kristina are in the final. I have been semi-reliably informed who wins the show as well, but don't want to spoil it for anyone.

In other reality TV news, a young middle-class white girl has been chucked off Big Brother for using a word beginning with "n" which has racist connotations. Cynics would say it is great positive publicity for Endemol and Channel 4. Others argue that she didn't mean it in a racist way. I don't think that she is necessarily racist, but if you say something offensive, you shouldn't be surprised if people take offence. For what it's worth, I don't think Channel 4 and Endemol had much choice if they wanted to avoid further sanction from Ofcom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home