Thursday, July 05, 2007

Whose humps?

I am no fan of Alanis Morrisette, and even less so of Black Eyed Peas, but this is a gem from Alanis. A girl who I worked with once told me that her 9-year old niece was singing and dancing along to "My Humps" - I am just glad that she didn't understand what she was singing.

This link points to a blog by Rachel, a remarkable woman who shot to prominence as she blogged on the BBC following the London bombings almost exactly two years ago. Even more remarkably, she not only survived those attacks, but this followed three years after she survived a very violent rape in her own home.

More evidence of the cathartic power of blogging...

2 Comments:

At July 06, 2007 2:21 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the link to Rachel's blog, Rish. I would very much like to read her book and will try and get hold of it at some point.

Agree with you about getting drunk by the way. I have been drinking a lot less recently due to impending fatherhood, which has made me much better company and made me enjoy the occasional drink all the more.

 
At July 07, 2007 1:21 pm , Blogger Rish said...

I didn't know you were going to be a daddy! Congratulations! Again, rather you than me - although I like kids, I don't like looking after them...

I too am waiting for Rachel's book...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home